Thursday, May 7, 2009

towns going ons

Well locally on my street. Its been a sort of blowout over parking. My neighbor pretty much specifically told me that he has a spot, he doesn't live there but it needs to be empty IN CASE he does come. Now, I live in one of the most congested areas of the city. It seems foolish that I would drive around at 2am looking for a spot just to leave his empty when he doesn't come by like 2x a year. My other neighbor came out and told him he needs to come sweep the street more(see earlier post about sweeping the street). So, I was on my way out for my birthday celebration when this happened so I was mad and I told him never ever to talk to me again.

Yes, i burned the bridge and maybe it wasn't the smartest thing ever but screw him. Then he said to me(get this!!) " Yanno, I'm not the new kid on the block, Ive been here since 02") yes, he did say that. Now,
1. does that matter to me? no
2. will that ever matter to me? No
3. I moved in in 07, is that some sort of mentionable difference? No4. Is that "old school"( old being 6 yrs???) bullshit the way to approach me with some 6 year intimidation? Def no.
So, lines are drawn pretty much.

The next day I spent 1k on fence( instillation plus fencing on sale at Home Depot) so now out patios are blocked off and I don't have to look at the tenants ugly faces. And if he is there doing work he can't be seen.

On my fourth house street on of my neighbors filed bankruptcy and moved out last month. So this puts us in second seniority. Even if he is "from 02" it means nothing because he doesn't live there so now we are like a jack in a card game. Finally a face card, feels good. Which actually opens up another free spot so it makes the whole thing even more insane.

I walk for exercise and of course you can go left or right. I tend to go left because to the right are the crowds. So, going right I need to cross a big intersection and there is no pedestrian crossing sign. After nearly being killed a bazillion times I finally called city hall and they are putting up a sign. It was so easy and they were so nice, I cannot believe it took me so long to call. I'm happy with them.

On a completely separate incident but applicable to this blog, I went to prudential mall today. If you aren't from, Boston, this is a high traffic area, tons of store in a pedestrian viewpoint along the whole road but also the only mall in the city. It is very hard to find parking so I was driving up and I saw a spot so I zipped over and in. Once I was 99% in this car came to the left from the right and the guy told me it was his spot. So, I was already in the spot because I had been their earlier and he told me to get out and i told him no. So, this guy got out of his car and had a FIT and was screaming at my window to the point of spitting. i pretty much laughed because his head was going to explode. But then I got nervous and I called 911. I have him plate but I'm not sure if I should post it here. But the whole thing was so weird because it totally wasn't his spot. I wasn't even trying to sneak in, I was there. But this psycho went nuts. I have never seen anything like that from a sidewalk or experienced anything like that before so I wanted to write it here. Maybe I should post his plate, what a douchebag....
My my my

No comments:

Post a Comment