Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Trash day

My street is a mess, my neighbors who lived there 40 years filed bankruptcy and are moving out. The roof is leaking water that's about to flood the street and everyone's acting like its not happening. On a positive, I have officially claimed an off street pkg spot. Not sure how, but I have. Because of the move the last few trash days have been huge, everyone's ditching belongings they are too lazy to move. how it goes....Today was a huge trash day, there were bags and bags out. Apparently it was donations for goodwill. The trash ppl came an emptied the bins but the recycle people had not come yet. My neighbors think they are saving the world for some reason bu recycling milk cartons weekly. So they had their recycle bin out.
When the salvation army truck came in and moved the trash cans and recycle to the side of my stairs.**They could not be seen from the street* They took the donations and left.
apparently, in the meantime the recycling truck drivers by. He doesn't stop unless he sees the full bin and he didn't because it was behind my stairs!
again I had to take matters into my own hand,I moved my bin to the back and also picked up their full and disgusting recycling bin and moved it in front of their house. maybe next week.

I also wanted to try to build new front stairs because mine are falling apart from being old and they are uneven and dangerous and there has already been on incident that ended up in the ER. I had a mason/contractor come out to price a new *vision*. After realizing we only have so many inches into the street on our property he told me how it wont work. We need extra space. Is he retarded? How can I find 8"? So I told him we cant and I need to know what we can do with what he have. So he looked at my neighbors to compare.
two days later I run into my nosey neighbors asking what we are thinking with the stairs and then the mason tells me their is nothing he can build that goes to any code and I have to talk to the buildings dept. Thanks for the damn help!
nosey posey

No comments:

Post a Comment