Monday, January 19, 2009

snow=death pt2

It is a week later and we have ~18" more of snow. I feel comfort in being where I'm at. My stairs are shoveled. Even to brick. The front is shoveled....to cement and the car is in a spot, cleaned and I went out today. Its is important to try to get your car out and drive after snow. Cleaning it off is okay but far less than actually driving it around. Sometimes if it is cleaned the snow falls around the car. Therefore creating a reverse-moat of snow. At night if that turns to ice your car can be encased and still be unable to move from its spot in the morning.
Today I saw a first in the holding a parking spot.... someone actually used a baseball diamonds' base!I would give it a 4 for creative and originality(5 scale) . That is pretty high. Also, I'm starting to see which neighbors belong to which furniture that is used to hold spots. I have the bakers rack around the corner. The kitchen aide box across the street. The randoms all do the beach chair, which, in this day an age is considered uncreative and almost insulting by some. This also can be the same for a trashcan. My personal best this year was two people sitting in chairs in a spot! They said they were just resting but who really knows..? Is a parking spot worth two bodies? I guess it depends on the ppl?? This is the City of Boston!
I also have a house on my street that was purchased by a contractor. Since he is gutting the house no one lives there. I will tell more of this story later but regarding snow. He has not come once to dig out his "area"! so, after all the packing down of the snow it is shear ice in front of his house. There has to be something wrong there. I am going to investigate..
Publish Post

No comments:

Post a Comment