Tuesday, January 6, 2009

trash chronicles-barrrels and gen craziness

Trash day is always very exciting to me. As a kid and still to this day I like to go to the dump and I love to see trash go on the street and when I come home from work it is gone. However, in the city of Boston and rumored to be all cities, trash becomes another thing to contend with. My neighbors in house C(renters) put their trash on the virtually in front of my house and property. This means they were by our stairway and in the summer it stinks by my door. Oh no, the Avenger will not have this, keep your own trash in front of your own house on trash day and whenever else( Ill post about this later, stay tuned)!
They pissed me off a great deal so I would drag out our barrels and move them all over more toward their house and out of our invisible property line and over in front of their basement wall( no door). They don't own so what do they care if the trash is partially in their radius? So then I would come out in the am and they would have thrown down boxes and shit within the radius. They were not exactly with the trash cans and placed more towards our door almost in a new and separate pile. So, of course I would check out the boxes and they were from Zappos, Gap, etc. I approved of the merchants but I would pick up the boxes and put them with the barrels. Eventually the evolution moved to them throwing down their bags of trash on the cement when their barrels were full, not in their barrels and definitely within my radius. And this officially pissed me off.
Part of the trash understanding is a semi organized pile. That pile is all in one spot. When I would put out my two barrels sometimes one is half full because I plan to put more out the next morning. As if I am redserving a little bit of room for another bag in the morning but it is still ready to go. The next morning I go out and there is trash in my reserve all over the street and No neat pile! so I would have to organize the trash, move it and hope for the best.
Then, it is understood that you don't leave your barrels in the street after trash day! Once they are emptied they are moved to the back until their disclosure the following week. Now, house C neighbors started not putting their barrels and they would be blowing around the street and just generally disgusting. so I had to start picking them up and I would stack them next to their stairs and they mysteriously would disappear. Eventually they stopped disappearing and they would blow back down. In these instances I would take the barrels and put them in the ally right next to their door. This really pisses me off because we all need to only take them out and put them away. As with the stupid front area rules( see other post), the barrels are a damn responsibility for every resident! It's not even the specifics( well kinda it is) but its the fact they know these unspoken rules of city life and do not take part!
Also, one last thing. if you want to look cool and recycle in an area that doesnt recycle, realize the stupid recycle plastic bin is your responsibility too!
yes....really....

No comments:

Post a Comment